Saturday, August 9, 2014

Status Update #3 - Art!

Hey! I know it's been a while since I last updated here, so I've just gotta say, don't expect regular updates. From now on, I'm only going to update when I feel like I've done enough work on the game. Anyways, let's get on with the updates!

Development Update

First off, I've added some art to the game, some of which is probably final, and some of which is just placeholder art. Here are some updated screenshots!
Playfield (The playfield art is a placeholder)

Jackpot and Combo sign

Skillshot sign

I have decided to try and do the art myself. So far, everything I've done looks fine, but I haven't even tried drawing people yet, so I guess I'll just wait and see. Other updates include:

  • Added some road signs (Seen above) to help guide the player and make more room for lights on the playfield.
  • I have programmed a system which allows me to easily display text on the real display and the HUD display at the exact same time, without having to just use duplicate commands for each.
  • I finally made a good system for the bus stop. A timer checks to see what's lit at the bus stop. It awards the player whatever corresponds with that light, turns it off, and then checks again, until all the lights are off.
  • I've added a fully functional attract mode, with a small light show and information (Table name, high scores, credits, last score, etc.) on the display.
  • Added a plastic around the ramp to keep balls from falling behind.
  • A few more sounds added.
  • Minor tweaks and adjustments

Game Rules: Stunts

I haven't programmed this yet, but it's an idea I recently thought of that should make it's way into the final game. Stunts will be a collectible, and you get one each time you knock down the set of drop targets. By reaching certain amounts, you'll earn different awards, like extra balls, relighting the ball savers, collecting states, etc. Just think robots from The Twilight Zone. Besides all that, something needed to add a little bit more "ultimate" to this bus ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment